Sunday, August 3, 2008

For the love of Twilight

Friday night, some girlfriends and I went to a Barnes and Noble Breaking Dawn release party. Breaking Dawn is the final book in Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series, and it's been such a fun series to read. We had a great time at the party, participating in the trivia contest, mingling with other fans, waiting in line to buy our books at midnight. I have some wonderful friends here, and I can't wait until our book discussion--I finished the novel this afternoon. You'll have to read my goodreads review to see what I thought!

8 comments:

Beth said...

Cute shirt. You look fabulous. Also, I'm so glad that you have great friends there. Friends make or break a place!

Mama Megs said...

Look at you all glamorous!! My friends went to a party in Idaho and I'm so sad I couldn't be there! You know I would have in a heartbeat-I just barely started the book. I gotta get on the ball :) Write me!

Tracy said...

This sounds strange, but I'm so glad you made it to your party!! And yes, those are wonderful friends ;-)

Baker said...

This must be the gold shirt of which you spoke during my visit. It's beautiful. I love your hair too. So I can barely get through The Thirteenth Tale. How am I going to do Breaking Dawn?! Man.
I like your "Good Reads" link. Wish I was more of a reader. At least Breaking Dawn looks like an easy read. Nice big print :) I spied mom's copy last night. I'll let you know what I think.

Ledys said...

How fun!!! I am glad you all enjoyed the party and the book :-D (You look great in the pic, too!)

Danielle Strong said...

You girls are so cute. Let me know if you have a book club/party about this one!

Hope said...

OMgosh!!! We went to a party up here in Louisville too!! We made t-shirts and everything. It actually turned out to be a little dorky...but fun. I finished last week and I cried at the end. I was surprised to find how much I loved Jacob's book. Hope you're doing well! We miss Atlanta!
love,
Hope

Carleton & Robyn said...

I loooove these books. I reread them all and just finished today and am sad to leave Edward and Bella.