Thursday, September 8, 2011

Ian learns his letters

Once Audrey started school, I started teaching Ian the alphabet, similar to what I did with Audrey when she was two. Ian already knows all the letters but hasn't done any phonetics, so I am helping him learn what sounds the letters make. And we're just having fun. He LOVES his letter time with Mommy. D is for dog. B for bird feeder (which no animal ever got interested in). B for butterfly, made with beans. I tried to do fine motor with the beans but he kept picking up fistfuls and dumping them in the glue. Still turned out pretty. B for bat. Obviously I took more pictures on B day.
A for Alligator. When Audrey got home from school on A day she made sure to point out to Ian that Audrey starts with A. And Daddy was pleased when we made an apple pie for letter A. It's a family affair.
Apparently I didn't take any pictures when we did C. We made a paper car and clouds out of cotton balls and we made cookies. Stay tuned for more progress updates!

5 comments:

Baker said...

Love seeing you put as much into your second (and middle) child as the first. Way to go awesome mom!!

Carly said...

Bonnie you are so awesome this is such a fun way to teach them i really love all your fun ideas! thanks for all the cute pics! xoxo

Carleton & Robyn said...

You've totally inspired me. I want to do the same thing!! Love it.

Carleton & Robyn said...

Bonny, I'm going to start this. Do you do a different letter every day? Where do you get your ideas?

Beth said...

You're so fun!! Love it!