
Today Tracy and I went to the Atlanta Botanical Gardens and bought an annual membership together--what a deal! We are going to love coming here together (and we can go by ourselves too). Today pretty much captured the essence of being a mother, however. Baby B had her four month check up this morning and got four shots, and she was really brave. Then I toted her off to the gardens with Tracy, around 11:15. When we got there, Tracy realized she forgot her bottle for Carlie, so I offered to stay with the kids while she ran home to get it, which was only about 20 minutes. Luckily the girls behaved! Here's a picture of them as we waited for Tracy. Then we signed up for our membership, and baby B got
hungry, so I fed her while Tracy finished up with the registration. Then both adults had to go to the bathroom, and Carlie got hungry, so Tracy fed her. Then baby B needed a diaper change, and of course so did Carlie. By this time it was about 12:45. We walked around for about 30 minutes or so, seeing just a little bit of the park, and then we moms were hungry, so we had our picnic lunch, and ended up changing and feeding our babies again, and they wanted to take a nap. Around 2:30 we decided to leave even though we'd hardly seen any of the park (good thing we got a membership!!). Then Audrey started screaming her head off, and I noticed that her leg was a bit red. Obviously she was starting to suffer from her morning shots. It was so hard to calm her down, but we eventually made it home, did another round of feeding, changing, and napping, and here it is almost 5:30, time to pick up Mr. B from the Marta (subway) station. Life s
ure changes when you have a baby!! I love it.By the way, here are baby B's latest stats: 4 months old, 13 lbs 11 oz, 25 1/2 inches long (very tall!), rolling over, and she's found her toes! I'm still debating about when to start solids. I think I may hold off awhile. And she won't take a bottle anymore, which is frustrating because I can't get a babysitter!

2 comments:
I didn't start baby Doodle on solids until he was 5 months. I, personally, think 4 months is too early. It's not like the solid foods actually replace any nursings/bottles at the beginning anyway. Of course, every baby is different and every mom has an opinion of her own. Five months worked for us.
I started Emmy on solids at 4 1/2 months. I tried at 4 and decided it was too early so I waited 2 weeks and now she loves it! Bad deal on the bottle - the same thing happened to Emmy but now she'll take them again . . . weird!
Post a Comment