Friday, May 18, 2007

Busy week

This week has been a busy one for me, lots of visiting teaching, appointments, and playtime! I went to the dermatologist to get an annual checkup and ended up having two moles removed. Luckily, I got the results back today and I'm just fine. I also had to take the car in the shop for a safety recall, and I have to take it back in next week for a minor repair. Errands aren't any more fun when you have a baby to tote along:, in case anyone was wondering.
Playgroup was really fun this week. It was just Rachael and me. We made yummy chicken salad sandwiches, and our babies both slept through lunch! It was nice to eat and talk in peace. Abigail and baby B had fun playing together.
Baby B hasn't been much of a nap taker lately, but the past three days she's taken naps longer than 30 minutes! It's glorious. She also has been advancing quickly with crawling and sitting up. She sits up pretty well now, although she takes plenty of nose dives, so we still use the boppy to balance her quite a bit. And though she's not crawling yet, this week she spent plenty of time on her hands and knees. She even does somewhat of a push-up, getting everything up in the air except toes and palms. I can't believe how strong she is. I have been getting nervous and telling her to stop growing up so fast, but this morning I decided to just embrace it and be proud of her. She amazes me with her drive and her strength. I like to be her cheerleader, telling her how wonderful she is and giving her tons of love. She continually rewards me with smiles, especially when I kiss her neck and face and tummy. She giggles like crazy when I kiss her all over too. I love it. It is a joy to have such a happy lively baby, even if she doesn't sleep much during the day, and even if she can move two feet in two minutes. She scoots backwards really well. How fun to be a mom!
And I must add how wonderful it is to be Mr. B's wife. He finished his first year of his PhD program, earning a 3.9 for spring semester--yay! Now he's working full time for the IRS, and he's teaching an evening class at GSU. He also still works for his professor, doing research. He is a hard worker, but he still makes lots of time to be with baby B and me, and I am so grateful to him!

3 comments:

Supermom said...

(Sorry about the delete, I had some typos)

Look at her on her knees! I don't think that Logan could even lift his belly off of the ground. She is going to be moving in no time. She is beautiful and so are you!

Anonymous said...

Bonnie,
I have been enjoying your photos & journal entries. I'm so happy you love being a mom. Audrey is too preciously cute. So cute I want to take the next flight to Atlanta. (I miss you too.) Congrats to Spencer! He is amazing.

Michelle said...

Holy cow, I can't believe she can get on her hands and knees! Emmy's not doing that yet! I think I will have the same attitude as you, though, when she does. Part of me wants her to stay little. But my friends say they just get more and more fun, so I'll have to embrace it, just like you! You're my hero :)