Baby B saw me writing on a piece of paper and must have thought, "I need to do that too." She stood by me, reaching for the pencil and emitting a fairly sweet whine. So I closed the tip and gave it to her. But that wasn't all she wanted, because then she reached for the paper too, so I obliged. She then walked around the living room tapping the pencil on the paper, earnestly trying to write! I swapped those items for another sheet of paper and a crayon, put her on the hard floor, and took a couple pictures. She could hardly make any marks, but she was super intent. By the way, I'm fairly certain she will be right-handed; she often shows a preference.


Since writing utensils are not safe objects, I eventually had to take them away. She grabbed a pen off my desk this morning, and this is how she felt about me taking it away (Mr. B comforted her). I will no longer let her grab a pen or pencil!

It's fun to watch her imitate us. She kisses back now, and she makes most sounds that we make. I said "Amen!" with gusto at the end of a prayer one morning, and she said, "Ah-ma!" But, of course, she wouldn't do it again, no matter how many times I burst out with "Amen!"
4 comments:
Logan likes coloring too. Well reckless scribbling might be a better term.
They only get more fun! Hendy now shakes his finger and says, "no no no mama!" It's so hard not to giggle!
I took Emmy to her 1 yr check up and the Dr. said at this age they can be coloring with a crayon - I've never even tried it, but Audrey is way ahead of the game! That's so cute. I'll have to try it out and see if she eats the crayon or draws with it :) Right now she loves to suck on pens - yuck!
Maybe she'll be an English major, too! She has all the early attributes of a great writer. :0) I'm both excited and scared for Samuel to start copying me -- I'd better straighten up now! ;0)
Post a Comment