Thursday, October 16, 2008

Rome and cookies

Yesterday Audrey and I went to visit Tracy and Carlie and their new baby, Ellie. We had such a great time, and Ellie is tiny and beautiful. Yay for newborns!! Audrey really enjoyed seeing Carlie, and got to go to her ballet/movement class. They were TOO cute in their little leotards, running around the studio, giggling at their reflections, and moving to the music. After class Tracy treated us to lunch, which included a yummy cookie. I wanted another cookie (or two) the whole drive back to Atlanta, so I decided to make cookies with Audrey. She was super cute about it, very seriously helping me measure ingredients and stir. She kept wanting to taste the batter, but I held her off until we added the choc chips. She couldn't resist picking those out! I don't think she was too convinced that our baking process would turn out real cookies, but as soon as she saw them come out of the oven, she couldn't wait to eat one!

6 comments:

Claudia said...

So fun! I love baking with little people. Theo always insists on tasting all of the ingredients, including the salt and baking soda. I think they still believe there is magic in the oven that turns out the cookies.

Tracy said...

Well, next time, I'll have to get you more cookies! We had lots of fun!!!

Janice said...

oh my goodness, i can't get enough of her little smile in this pic! ha ha! and sounds like you've been a busy girl today, even had time to update your blog, look at you! :)

Mama Megs said...

Hey I didn't know she had a baby! Yea for her! So are you guys gonna get started on baby brien #2? I hope so cause Audrey is so stinkin' cute!

Baker said...

Adorable picture!
Tell Tracy congratulations for me.
I just pulled out a pan of chocolate chip cookies but I cheated. They're Otis Spunkmeyer from the Costco freezer section :)

Becca said...

Audrey is so cute! She's getting to be so big! I too love to make cookies with Parker. The other day when Jake came home and there was cookie dough on the counter top he showed Parker to eat. So, while I was cutting out the cookies all Parker wanted to do was to eat the cookie dough. It's so cute what little kids will do!