Thursday, November 13, 2008

Eww...

So this is a palmetto bug, or American roach. It's big. About two and a half inches long. They drop by our home to visit occasionally, but I've felt lucky this year--haven't seen more than a few. However, this morning I had one of the grossest experiences of my life!! I was talking to my family while getting breakfast items out, stepped on something squishy, looked down to see, and it was one of these nasty bugs!! EWWWW!! Its guts squirted all over my foot. I am usually not a stereotypical squeamish girl, but I started screaming and freaking out. It took me several minutes to calm down, and luckily Mr. B cleaned the floor/disposed of the bug while I washed my foot. Ew. It must have been half dead or something because they are usually really fast and stay away from humans. Shudder.

A much better experience an hour later: I came into the front room to hear Audrey playing the piano and singing, flipping the pages of the hymnal every few seconds. It was so sweet. So, good surprise and bad surprise today.

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Ew!!!!! That is so gross. I would probably start crying, and I'm not even kidding. I hate bugs!

Beth said...

All I have to say is THAT IS SO DISGUSTING!!! I absolutely despise those darned cockroaches. They make my stomach churn just thinking about them. I'm sorry that your foot had to touch one! Ick! We happen to have them here too and I can't deal with them. That's Paul job. Good thing Spencer was home. Good man.

And the picture of Audrey...adorable. Love the smile. Wish she and CLaire could get together. Our 2 little hams.

Beth said...

All I have to say is THAT IS SO DISGUSTING!!! I absolutely despise those darned cockroaches. They make my stomach churn just thinking about them. I'm sorry that your foot had to touch one! Ick! We happen to have them here too and I can't deal with them. That's Paul job. Good thing Spencer was home. Good man.

And the picture of Audrey...adorable. Love the smile. Wish she and CLaire could get together. Our 2 little hams.

SuperStokes said...

That would make anyone shreak out. I'm sorry you had to experience that. I hate bugs. Ucky, ucky, ucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natalie R. said...

Ugh, how awful!!! We had to deal with tons of cockroaches while we were in the Caribbean, and they're awful!! I think you were absolutely justified in screaming!!!

ashley said...

EWW that totally gives me the willies, yuck. Bugs are one of the main reasons that I don't think I could handle living in the South.

Baker said...

Hmm...you should have fried it up! Delicious! :)
Thanks for the precious message on our machine. We have been gone for a week and that was so fun to come home to. That was about the only thing fun to come home to...stay tuned for Hawaii pics. Love you all! (Except the roach)

Anonymous said...

EW!!!!! Were you barefoot? That's the worst--especially if they are on their backs. YUCK!!