While I hardly ever respond to tags, I was in the mood for this one. House of Broken Crayons tagged me to list five experiences that make me feel like an authentic mom. And we're not talking about the beautiful moments here.
1. I no longer bat an eye when my three year old wipes her nose on her shirt. Especially if it's her PJ shirt--that doesn't count as real clothes, right?
2. Mr. B and I count Ian's poops and report: "Today he was quadri-poopal!" Or as Mr. B puts it: a quadripooplegic. We have our own brand of potty humor.
3. I go through bipolar phases with my creativity. For a few months we are doing all kinds of great activities, outings, classes, and then I expire and we spend a few months watching PBS, coloring, and me hoping they'll play quietly with their toys while I blog/email/play Plants vs. Zombies.
4. I haven't had a good night's sleep in 18 months. And don't have any expectations for that to change much. Ever.
5. I'm used to interruption. Before typing this last thought, I had to change Ian's diaper. Which, by the way, makes him bi-poopal, and it's only 10:30.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
I LOVE the potty humor! Albert is usually quadri-poopal too.
LOL! You're too funny!
LOVE it! A real deal mom, with humor. Doesn't get better than that!
You gave me a laugh for the day. I just got done with my ww meeting where Claire burst out in tears and sobs during the meeting bc she said she had to poop. Was she lying? yes. of course she was. I love the potty language. I am so glad that we are not the only poop counters!
Hilarious! Thanks for playing along! I am glad I am not the only one that goes through phases of creativity and outings (and that sometimes we just hide in our house).
Love it Bonnie!
Ahh I miss you!
Sooooo funny. I agree tha pjs don't count but I don't think normal clothes do either. As far as sleep, how do you make it without sleep? I have to have my sleep or I can't make it through the day.
Post a Comment