Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Road trip fun

Aunt Laura mailed us the most awesome road trip package imaginable for our trip and it was a huge success. These are pinwheels the kids made. I wish I had a picture of everything. Endless and wonderful activities. Laura is something special.
We spent the first night in Tupelo, MS, which is Elvis Presley's birthplace. This house, actually, is where he was born. There's a whole monument. It was a fun diversion.
Here's a statue of Elvis at 13 with his first guitar. I believe he left Tupelo around this age. 
Declan at Elvis's birthplace. Glad you weren't born in this shack. 
The best part of Tupelo was the yummy barbecue we had! The kids got restless after eating, but Declan couldn't seem to eat enough, so I took them outside to stand on a barrel while Mr. B fed Declan.
We had a pit stop at some Native American store with cool statues. Oklahoma, I think.
Another statue.

Like it says, folks. We had a fun stop here, got the kids some toys at the gift shop.
Ian at the Continental Divide.
Grandpa with Declan. I don't know how we don't have many pictures of Grammy and Grandpa. They are our superheros for helping us out with this trip. The kids were in high heaven having them around too.

No comments: