Friday, July 18, 2008

The girl knows how to shop!

Today Audrey accompanied me to DSW, a great discount shoe store. She silently watched me try on a pair of sandals, then immediately began removing her socks and shoes. She carefully took a pair of new shoes out of their box, tried them on, and strutted around. Continuing to follow my pattern, she returned the shoes to the box, then started over with a new pair. It was pretty cute, and she was really good--didn't protest at all when it was time to go. She also wanted to hold my bag with the newly purchased shoes on our way out. We then made a quick stop in Old Navy (where I found a shirt for $2.99), and she was happy to hand me items, change her own clothes in the fitting room, and loudly request "Again!" when a song on the store's sound system ended. She was quite relieved to hear a new song commence. What a fun little shopping partner I have!

5 comments:

Claudia said...

You have trained her well!

Tracy said...

We'll have to trade kids when I want to shop! By the way, the picture of Audrey on the side of the page is way gorgeous!!!

Carolyn Hansen said...

So much fun to have a little shopping buddy. I'll hope that it continues through the teenage years!

Anonymous said...

i know i say it all the time, but she is too cute. its so fun to see her little personality coming out--by the way, can i borrow her for a shopping buddy sometime? all i hear is "mom, how many racks do we have to go through?" while I'm checking out the target sale racks :)

Amy M said...

Love it!