Ian is about seventeen months old and has become a sponge. He learns new words and skills daily. His latest craze is flipping light switches on and off. He'll stand underneath the switch and say, "Hep, Hep, Hep (help)" until I come and pick him up and let him play with them. He says on and off each time he turns the lights on and off. Yesterday he spent about 20 minutes figuring out how to buckle his high chair, but of course he needed lots of "hep," especially with unbuckling it. He can open bottles and containers which has been so fun for me. I honestly thought my home was pretty well childproofed. He's been really into books lately, and has even started memorizing a few, his favorite being ones with animals and their sounds. He can identify his nose and yours and wants to stick his finger up yours. I've tried to teach him other body parts. He's figured out head and ears and can find his belly button, but mainly he's interested in telling you where your nose is. I find him hilarious and adorable and occasionally infuriating.
Sunday, August 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment