Monday, December 13, 2010

Sinterklaas

I just have to proclaim that we love the Croxalls. They are amazing people, and one of the proofs of that is their Sinterklaas tradition, which we have enjoyed sharing with them for four years. It's a Dutch tradition in which we eat great Dutch food and prepare unusually wrapped presents and mocking poems for our fellow guests.
Here we are with the four gifts we brought (disguised/wrapped as certified mail, a lion, a ladybug, and a die). Here's Mr. Croxall, reading his poem out of a mock dissertation to another guest. Ian and monkey try to steal the show. Audrey and Gwen enjoying some Dutch treats.
Ian, blowing "bubbles" with a bubble wand and an empty drink cup. He's definitely got imagination!
All the kids with their Sinterklaas gifts to give one another. I have to say, this year was HILARIOUS. Some of the adult poems were so funny and a couple people got very creative with scavenger hunt themed poems. I was very proud of my poem yet again. I'd post it, but it wouldn't seem funny to those who don't know Nathan, the recipient. Thank you Croxalls for a hilarious, delicious, and memorable evening.

3 comments:

Beth said...

So fun! I really love traditions. More so the older I get.

PS. You look gorgeous. You have that pregnant glow.

Janice said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Audrey's dress! It's so stinkin adorable! Glad you had so much fun again this year!

amberella said...

We think the Briens are pretty amazing too.