Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine

I think maybe Audrey is my Valentine this year. I've never been caught up in Valentine's day; although Mr. B and I have celebrated it in the past, we don't always. But I find that having kids makes the holiday a lot more fun. Audrey and I made mini-cupcakes and decorated them with some fun sprinkles my mom bought me about a hundred years ago. It was nice to finally use them. I'd never made mini-cupcakes before--LABORIOUS! After 48 cupcakes, I spooned the rest into a cake pan and made Mr. B his own cake. Of which I ate probably half.
We made a few deliveries, but we ate a lot of cupcakes. Mmm.
Audrey had to bring Valentines to her preschool class party, and I didn't want to buy them, so I cut out hearts and squares (used a cookie cutter for the heart pattern), had Audrey help me paste them together, and then we taped chocolates that my mom had sent to the front after writing "Love, Audrey" on the back. Fun little project to do together and I was able to avoid a trip to the store. Thanks Mom, by the way, for making this Valentine's day fun and easy with your great packages!

1 comment:

L'Anita Heiss said...

Bonnie, I laughed out loud numerous times while catching up on your last few blog entries. I especially enjoyed the one about Ian. What a funny kid, and you capture everything so well (in photos and words)!

Cute valentines. Homemade is always best, in my opinion!