Friday, February 18, 2011

Yellow River Game Ranch

While Audrey was at preschool today, Ian and I took advantage of the gorgeous weather and the one-on-one time and went to the Yellow River Game Ranch. We got there early and spent time playing at their little playground.
Though he enjoyed the playground, he was anxious to see the animals, and chased after this peacock who was out of the enclosure.
And took a ride on an antiquated horse. After I put the quarter in and he started to move, Ian said, "Yee-haw!"
Once the ranch opened, we headed in, bought some crackers, and spent over an hour walking the mile loop and enjoying the animals. This peacock proudly showed his feathers.
Ian got a kick out of feeding the deer (and donkeys, goats, sheep, ducks, geese, chickens, etc.) He was a bit apprehensive at first but soon was happy to walk up to any animal and offer a cracker.
He LOVED this little lamb wandering about. Ew, he kissed it before I could intervene. Just building immunities, right? He spent a long time petting it and feeding it corn kernels.
My attempt to get a picture of him petting the lamb. Animals and children don't hold still.
This place was a bit of heaven for Ian; he kept saying, "Hi deer!" and "Hi squirrel!" and he was delighted by the bunnies. He told the donkeys, "Too loud, Donkey!" when they made noise. Such a fun morning with my cutie.

1 comment:

L'Anita Heiss said...

What a good idea! I bet Abigail would still love to go, even though she's older. I've never thought about taking her there. Looks like fun. I love Ian's comment to the donkeys! I still am so impressed by how much he's talking.