A couple of days ago, I went to get baby B out of her crib in the morning, and I found her, as pictured, with her pajamas twisted all around. I guess she kicked out the snaps and rolled around in it. She even had one arm out of its sleeve. She is such a wiggle worm. The outfit is a tad bit too big because she's too long for six month clothing, but not quite wide enough for nine month clothing. The six month pjs are too tight, so bigger is better. Luckily Aunt Kelley sent me a bunch of clothes, so now baby B has a wardrobe that fits, and just in time.We have been having a lot of fun lately. Mr. B and I had a very social Memorial Day weekend, and baby B and I went to the Fernbank Museum with my friend Amber and her two kids.
Amber has a membership there, so she was able to get me in for free, which was very sweet. Here's a picture of baby B and friends. Finn (the little one) and baby B loved to trade this toy back and forth (taking, not giving, but neither kid was bugged!), and they loved to grab each other's hands and feet. It was adorable. And I loved the museum, mainly because they had an exhibit of live lizards and snakes. Snakes aren't super interesting to me, but I love lizards. They had all the great ones (except komodo...). But they had the green basilisk, which runs on water. Unfortunately, the cage is a little too small for such tricks. Oh well. They had a video which was almost as good. Being with Chas, who's four, made me so excited for baby B to be older. Not that I want her to get any bigger (she's so cute), but it's so fun to see kids interact with the world with the joy of discovery.Here's another cute picture of baby B.
She's started putting toys in her mouth and holding on to them while she searches for more with her free hands (like Daddy's finger in this case). She has also started making a "buh" sound (buh buh buh buh buh buh, you get the picture). It's really funny to hear her chatter on. We also started a bedtime routine recently (story, song, etc), and we're putting her down awake. I let her cry for a minute or two before I comfort her. It's only been two nights, but she only cried once. Hopefully tonight will go as smoothly. I think it's easier to put a calm baby down than to get a sleepy cranky baby to sleep before putting her down.

1 comment:
That is so funny about the PJ's! Emmy has done that, but only one arm was out of the sleeve. So fuuny!
Post a Comment