Monday, June 4, 2007

Precious moment

This morning I woke up to baby B talking to herself (but of course we'd already been up together about an hour previously), and I went to get her out of her crib. As soon as she saw me, her entire face lit up with a smile. She's done this before, and each time it just thrills me. A precious moment that fulfills me and validates my choice to become a mother.
By the way, tonight is the fourth night on her new bedtime routine. Already I am having success, and I no longer dread bedtime. Should have thought of this long ago!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Mornings are my favorite time of the day because of that very thing - I love seeing her so excited and happy to see me! And I agree about the bedtime routine. My life was so much easier once we did that!

Supermom said...

ditto Bonnie. I cam home from the dentist today and when Logan saw me he was all smiles and didn't lose eye contact with me. When I came over to snuggle him he started giggling and cooing. I love being his mommy!
Congrats on your nighttime routine. Isn't it wonderful when things start working?

Doodlebug1012 said...

Way to go! I, too, was so happy about actually having a night time routine where baby Doodle went to sleep in his crib having been depostited there awake. He's been great at it ever since (for about seven months now).

Baby B is too cute!.0