Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dress up

I didn't think dress up started this young, but what can you do? Baby B generally enjoys getting dressed, especially putting on shoes, but today was a little unusual. This afternoon she went to her room, opened her dresser drawer, and retrieved several items of clothing. She handed them to me one by one and indicated that she wanted me to dress her. It was very patient and serious business for her; I was stifling laughter and playing along. She ended up with five tops and four bottoms before I said enough. Fortunately, she patiently helped me remove items down to the original layer, but not before I snagged a picture. Forgive the binky. She's had it round the clock all week because it's comforting her sickness (or keeping me from listening to the incessant sleep-deprived whining, you pick).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny! It's so fun when their personality comes out!

Anonymous said...

Hey, can she give Zach some lessons?? She looks adorable!

Jen

Carolyn Hansen said...

That is so darn cute! Just wait...the dressing up will only get more and more involved (and involve your wardrobe)!

Beth said...

I couldn't stop laughing! What a grown up little girl! Wish Clair eliked getting dressed. I think she would go naked for the rest of her life if possible.

Michelle said...

That is too funny! Binga just likes to pull all of her clothes out of her drawers. She doesn't want to put them on, of course, just throw them on the floor.

Natalie R. said...

What a terrific outfit! When she grows up, she can be a fashion designer and move to Brooklyn (everyone here does some kind of design)!

Anonymous said...

hahaha audrey is sooo cute! i love this picture! -carly