Audrey and I enjoyed an indoor picnic lunch while watching the Inauguration. I really liked the music and Obama's speech. I gained a renewed sense of patriotism and feel blessed to live in this country. I hope Obama leads our country in a good direction. I also loved Reverend Lowery's ending to his prayer: when brown can stick around, when yellow can be mellow, when red can get ahead, etc. That was pretty amusing; I'm guessing some might be offended, but whatever. Definitely a historic day for America!
Note the uneaten sandwich. The chips are gone though. That's what I get for offering them at the same time... And no, she did not watch the Inauguration this intently. A little dancing to the music, a little running around, and a little bit of asking for a different show. But she was content to let me watch it while she ate and played.
Note the uneaten sandwich. The chips are gone though. That's what I get for offering them at the same time... And no, she did not watch the Inauguration this intently. A little dancing to the music, a little running around, and a little bit of asking for a different show. But she was content to let me watch it while she ate and played.
3 comments:
Maybe I should have tried a picnic. Simon was so not interested, though I did get him to watch Pres. Obama be announced and sit through part of the prayer.
What a cute idea! Henderson is always begging for a different show when I want to watch something-so I cut him a deal. He goes into our room and watches something-works great! She is just a doll!
very cute--i watched it in a conference room with a really bad internet connection! as far as the prayers go--I wasn't necessarily offended, i just can't swallow a joke during a prayer. It just seems so wrong to me. Anyway, I loved the rest of it and I can't wait to see what the near future holds...
Post a Comment