Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Our awesome Disney vacation, part one

We spent the weekend at Disney World, and while it didn't go off without a hitch, it was pretty much perfect. Hitch: on the drive down, our van's air conditioner completely died. Boo. 87-90 degrees and sun out in full force. But we put the windows down at 78 mph and endured.
Upon arrival, we hit the hotel pool, which had a great kid area. We were lucky enough to have Mr. B's sister Carly join us for our vacation. She is so much fun and was a huge help. I think a 3:2 adult to kid ratio is pretty great.
So after sleeping at the hotel, I made everyone wake up at 6:00 a.m. in order to arrive at Magic Kingdom "on time." And it was worth it. We arrived at DW, parked, took a tram to the entrance where we picked up our tickets, and then took this ferry to the entrance.About five minutes after we arrived at the entrance, Magic Kingdom opened with a fun welcome show, featuring Mickey Mouse and friends arriving on a locomotive, dancing and singing a magical welcome to start our day. We loved it.

4 comments:

Beth said...

So fun, can't wait to see more!

Lori said...

a) yay i found your blog! b) i'm glad your disney trip was fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Cool shades!

Baker said...

Hello?! Are you there Bonnie?
I'm finally commenting. :)
I, of course, love these pictures! And I want to be Carly...