Sunday, January 13, 2008

Trickier than I thought

The other day while washing dishes, I hear a soft thunk and then a cry out from Baby B's room, where I'd left her reading books to herself. I bound down the hall into her room, don't see her at first but strangely hear the cd player, and then I discover her behind the rocking chair, picking her up to comfort her. I figure she walked back there and then fell against the wall or something minor, because she appears unhurt and immediately strains to get back over to the chair. What she does next amazes and alarms me. She hoists herself up onto the rocking chair, albeit with difficulty, then stands up, holding onto the armrest. Meanwhile the chair is rocking back and forth, but she is unfazed. She then leans over towards the dresser and pushes the play button on the cd player. Precarious!! I assume that the first time, she fell off the chair, and I'm sick to think that she could have really hurt herself. But at the same time, I admire her curiousity and tenacity! She can no longer play in her room unattended. Click for a close-up. Her face is so cute!

6 comments:

ashley said...

Smart baby:)She knows what she wants and goes for it!

Bekah said...

She is too cute...and too curious!

Michelle said...

No way! She's so smart.

Doodlebug1012 said...

Her face is a combination of mischief and pride. Love it.

Natalie R. said...

Caught in the act! She looks like she's having lots of fun. :0)

Claudia said...

Such a tricky girl! No one tells you that when you have kids "babyproofing" is an ongoing process of just barely (hopefully) staying ahead of the really serious injuries!