Inspired by my friend Beth, I have begun devoting each week to a letter of the alphabet, teaching Audrey the letter and doing activities associated with the letter. She can already identify most capital letters, and so we're reinforcing that, learning lower case letters, and introducing phonics. Last week we learned about the letter A, and this week we learned about the letter B. We cut out and color each letter, capital and lowercase, talk about what starts with the letter, do some coloring sheets, and then some more exciting activities too. Yesterday we had a picnic with our bear friends, ate "bear food" (tuna fish sandwiches, goldfish crackers, and berries) and read books about bears. Audrey was really into this activity, and did most of the set-up while I prepared food. Just wanted to share this highlight of our week!
And a bonus picture, Audrey with our Valentine roses from Mr. B. 
And a bonus picture, Audrey with our Valentine roses from Mr. B. 

9 comments:
That's a great idea! Cute pics :)
Wow! At this rate she'll be reading by the age of four, like her mama!
Fun picnic. Makes me think of that little song, "picnic time for the teddy bears..." but I can't remember anything but that part!
Cute shirt too! (The black one) and you're right. The flower picture is totally blog worthy! :)
Love you guys!
What a great idea! She is going to be so smart!
Go Bonnie! By the time you get to "F", little Ian will be here!
what a happy little girl!
great idea--you're amazing!
I am so glad that you had fun! I wish we could've had our bear pinic together. Actually, we didn't get to ours this week bc we have had NASTY colds. I think we'll just do it on monday next week. But I was so sad. I am glad that yours was so much fun! Audrey is such a smarty!
Sorry about the last post from the budenbenders. I was teaching my friend how to blog over here and apparently forgot to sign out.
Wait. Are you a teacher or something?
Post a Comment