My sisters and I completed the Leavenworth Half Marathon!!
(Laura, Bonnie, Kelley)
For awhile I wasn't sure if I could do it. The two weeks prior to the race I was sick with a head cold, went on a beach trip, flew to Washington state (3 hr time change), had very little sleep, and was feeling like I shouldn't have signed up when I have a nursing baby. Lots of anxiety about my kids and if I was ready. In the end, it all worked out great, and I even surprised myself with my performance. I ran the first nine miles, which is the farthest I've ever run, and walked the last four (total of 13 miles). My time was 2 hours 50 minutes--I didn't think I could make it under three hours. I'm super proud of myself!! Plus, I had no idea how euphoric and inspiring the whole experience would be. Running with 1600 people in the gorgeous Cascade mountains was really incredible. However, I doubt I'll ever do more than a 10K after this. I'm glad I did it, but I learned it's not my thing. I will continue to run, though. Three months ago, I hadn't run since high school P.E. This experience taught me not to limit myself and that running isn't such a horrible thing. Anyone reading this blog: if I can do it, so can you!

16 comments:
Wow! Great job!! I'm proud of you!
CONGRATULATIONS! You are amazing! All 3 of you! Inspiring, thank you for sharing your fabulousness!! :)
Way to go, Mrs. B. I am impressed (and a little inspired, but not until next summer).
I'm so proud of you!
That is WONDERFUL!! I don't think I could run that far.
I am more then impressed.
Gracious, a half marathon is still a lot of miles of running. Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I am pretty sure I would fall out on mile 5.
Good for you! You are inspiring me . . .
I am so proud of you!! Way to go! i love races, even though I have only run 5K's. All of Paul's races are very inspiring. I can't believe you did 9 miles straight. Wahoo! Go Bonnie!
Way to go! Hey, my brother and his family live very close to Leavenworth in Wenatchee. How crazy that our families live so close to one another and yet we haven't seen each other in FOREVER?!!!! Miss ya! Congrats again :)
Way to Go Bonnie!! You've given me inspiration to start running again after baby #3!!
I just finished a couple 5k's after baby # 3. Reading this is getting me thinking:)
Bonnie, you are awesome! Way to go!!
Ledys
That's amazing! Good for you!
wow!!!
Good job Bonnie!
Bonnie, way to go! I'm so impressed that you ran the first 9 miles! If I do half that, I feel like superwoman. Glad it was such a good experience.
Post a Comment