Sunday, October 28, 2007

Halloween Party

Last night we hosted our 2nd annual Halloween party, and it was a great success! The invitation: (the spider is peeking through a hole in the top of the invitation, open it up, and the spider is attached to the inside where all the party details are written!)The menu: Gravedigger's Delight (Oreo mud pie with Milano cookie tombstones), Yummy Mummy Cheese Log, Pumpkin Squirrel Cheesecake (squirrel replaced swirl), Veggies and Dip-theria in hollowed out gourds, Werewolf fingers (chocolate-dipped pretzels), and Arti-don't-choke dip. Mmm....Mr. B dressed up as Nacho Libre and I was a pirate.
Everyone wore fabulous costumes, and we awarded prizes.Our guests:
"Berkeley" (she came as her husband, who was out of town)

Featuring Jo as herself:)

Mickey and Minnie Mouse (Coolest)

Renaissance woman and Convict (sorry it's blurry!)

MTC Crossing Guard (most original) and Vampire victim

Boy scout and Girl scout (both won most humorous)

A fire bird and her captor

Indiana Jones and a witch (scariest)

King and Queen (both won Best)

Alice in Wonderland and cowboy

Witch and not a witch (quote from Princess Bride)

Little Red Riding Hood and the Big Bad Wolf (creepiest)

So there you have it! I didn't get any pictures of the decorations, so you'll just have to trust me that the place looked fabulous. I was very pleased. Mr. B and I had a great time at the party, and our guests seemed to as well. Baby B slept through the whole thing! Here's a pre-party picture of our cutie (trying to run away from the photo shoot). Look for Halloween pictures of Baby B coming next week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you posted pictures of the party!! I know that it was just too fabulous and I am so sorry we missed it... I still have the party invitation in my nightstand so I can look at it frequently--it is the cutest, coolest party invite I have ever seen. I'm so glad you all had so much fun!

Will be looking forward to Audrey's Halloween pictures when you post them:-D

Beth said...

Looks like fun! cute invites

Mama Megs said...

I am so sad that we missed your kickin' party :( It looks like such fun and your food and decorations look amazing! I can't wait to see Audreys pics from Halloween- miss you! Megs

amberella said...

Oh, I am so glad you posted the pictures. We had a great time! I need to get a copy of that picture as our babysitter was a bit short and cut off the top of our crowns. Thanks for inviting us, we look forward to next year.

Claudia said...

Will you please move to Texas so I can come to your parties?

Kathleen Ainsworth said...

I love the Nacho costume. Craig was also Nacho but created his own costume. I think he would have liked yours better. Where did you get it? We need to get together sometime!
-Kathleen Ainsworth