Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Book-o-lanterns

As many of you know, I really enjoy the holidays, and it all starts with Halloween. I found the idea for the following craft in a magazine. It was super easy and basically free. I got the books for free, and it took one sheet of black cardstock to make the faces and stalks. I did buy the little black pails (for stands) for $1 each at Target, but you don't have to have them. Here's how to make them, if you're interested: Make paper pumpkins from old paperback books (the more pages, the better). Fold each page in half ,towards the binding (for the coneheads, also fold down the top corner). Glue/paper clip the front and back covers together and the book will stand on its own. Embellish with faces, stems, and strips of paper curled around a pencil. The coneheads stand on their own without glue.

3 comments:

JBClawson said...

Those are very cute! What a great decoration.

Michelle said...

How cute! That is such a great idea. I might have to try it out.

Anonymous said...

These are so cute! I love looking at your blog; you update so often and you post about such cute things and such lovely pictures :-D These look fabulous!